Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A new blog for Gabe, Ben, and Max!

Ok - the babysite updates were killing me, and lots of Friends and Family just won't come along with us to Facebook, so we're looking for a happy middle groud here. We miss you guys, and we've heard you miss us! So let's give this blogging bit a go - lots more frequent updates for the Coffman boy fans, less head banging, tediously long updates to drive me up the wall.


Today we went to Costco - just Mommy and the three rambunctious boys. Bribery was provided in the form of Ring Pops, which neither Gabe nor Ben had even seen before.

Gabe, as the ruling King of Bling was over the moon to have such a huge gemstone that could also be eaten - score! Ben was just happy that I let him sit in the cart next to Max. Since Ben has a strong tendency toward Elmira (I'll hug you, and squeeze you, and love you to pieces!), he's not often allowed such close proximity to Max for an extended length of time. Max is still finding the novel experience of riding in the cart to be a thrill, so all parties involved were quite happy to be in Costco!

We managed to buy milk and bread, plus feed the boys a cheese pizza lunch with no major meltdown or behavoir issues. Woo! Of course, pushing my luck, I then took them to the park to play before Gabe's preschool...

When we got to school all was still going well. Gabe and Ben were both using the potty - cool, right? Except I couldn't get Ben back off the potty. It's like his bottom was glued to the tiny kid sized potty seat. So eventually I told him in no uncertain terms that he was NOT to get of the potty for any reason and ran with Gabe down the hall to drop him off for class just in time. I ran back to the bathroom down the hall just KNOWING that Ben would be wandering the lobby with his pants off. But lo - there he was, still sitting on the potty like a good boy (cue angelic singing).

Ben's good humor lasted throguh the re-diapering process and handwashing all the way until it was time to get a paper towel. Then, convinced that 10 minutes of washing his paws wasn't enough time, he pitched a huge wailer. While still wearing Baby Max in the Ergo, I had to pick up the screaming, flailing 30 pound toddler and drag him out to the car. I refused to let him out of his car seat at home until he apologized...and he refused to apologize for a full 30 minutes. At least I got in some good reading time - my book club chose The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls! Max amused himself with his bell shaker while we waited it out.

Eventually he came around long enough for me to let him out of his seat and hug it out. We're off now to go get Gabe from school...crossing out fingers that it'll be a much less noticable trip this time!

0 comments: