Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fire Trucks in a super secret location!

John's schedule for work lately has been somewhat unreliable and super busy. I was supposed to teach a workshop this weekend, and at the last minute John had to work all weekend on this big, important project for work. I was in a panic, but our amazing friend Shelley came to the rescue and offered to take Gabe and Ben for me while I taught my class. Not only did she take the boys on top of her three kiddos (including adorable new baby Mechia), but she took the boys to this awesome event at the Fire Station in Forest Grove!

Knowing Gabe's issues with me leaving him places, I didn't mention that I wasn't staying with him today. the whole way there I talked up how much fun we were gonna have at William's house, how William and Sean have gobs of awesome trains, remember how Miss Shelley helped you make a painted spider last week, etc... While we were on the doorstep I causally mentioned how I would be running home to teach a Stamping Ladies class, but they I'd come back from him later. He looked a bit paniced himself there for a sec, and I thought that he might not go in, but then Shelley opened the door so he went in...and saw William and toys and a few minutes later was ok with me going. Shelley said he took about an hour to really warm up, but no tears, and no huge fit after I left - hooray!

She took all those little boys downtown to visit the fire trucks. Ben rode in a bucket loader. Gabe was all reayd to go, but opted out at the last minute. Gabe told me it didn't look safe to him! He also told me all about how the helicopter (lifeflight) landed right in the street, it was so windy and loud! Ben chimed in with "Helicopter in street is daaaaangerous".  Apparently getting strapped into a bucklet loader or putting out  fire is all fine, but watching a helicopter land is cause for concern!

They all tried to go to ice cream, but it was closed so they had a treat at Maggie Buns instead. Gabe had told me he ate a BIG brownie today. I asked him if he had it at William's house and he said "No! It was at a super secret place. I'll tell you later. Top secret!" I think maybe he just didn't know where he ate the brownie.
They both just had a blast today! When I came to get them, Ben didn't even want to go home. He is in love with William's backyard, and we have GOT to move into a house with a yard next year when our lease is up. After all the cool stuff he did with Shelley and the boys today, when we talked about his favorite thing before bed tonight he said it was playing in Sean's backyard. Gabe's favorite thing was playing with Willima's toy helicopter and sleeping in William's bed. Today was a huge success, and a big step forward for Gabe, and we just so appreciate our wonderful friends.

Thank you for inviting us Shelley, Danny, William, Sean, and Baby Mechia! We had the best time!

0 comments: